No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
The IDEX 2.0 Trading Competition (“Contest”) is a simulated trading competition and IDEX is not providing investment advice or opinion regarding the nature, potential value, or profitability of any particular transaction.
Please read these rules carefully. By participating in this contest, you agree to these Official Rules.
The Contest is a simulated trading competition on IDEX 2.0’s testnet, aligned with actual cryptocurrency market performance through competition.idex.io (the “Website”). It is free to register on the Website.
The Contest officially starts on 12/16/19 at 2:00 p.m PST and ends on 12/23/19 at 2:00 p.m. PST (the “Contest Period”). Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein (see “WINNER NOTIFICATION ”section below).
- Participants can register to enter the trading competition at any time up until the end of the Contest Period.
- Upon entry, participants are credited with $100,000 in trading funds.
- If participants sign up with a valid referral code, they are credited with $110,000 in trading funds
- IDEX places large sell and buy limit orders on both sides of the spot price for the markets offered in the competition. Participants trade against those orders to increase their USD position.
- Participants are ranked by the USD size of the portfolio associated with their account. The account with the largest portfolio wins the grand prize. Accounts ranked 2nd - 50th can also win smaller prizes.
THE REFERRAL PROGRAM
- Upon successful registration or pre-registration, participants are assigned a unique referral code and referral link
- Referring participants are credited with bonus trading funds when their referral registers and makes a trade.
- Referral codes credit new signups with an additional $10,000 in trading funds upon registration.
- The referring participant receives $10,000 for their first successful referral. Each subsequent referral bonus is 20 percent less the preceding bonus.
- Participants can increase their starting balance up to a total of $160,000 through referral bonuses.
- The referring participant is also eligible to win a 10,000,000 IDEX token node in the event they refer the winner of the trading competition.
The Contest is open to individuals who have pre-registered or registered to participate before 12/23/19 at 11:59p.m. PST. Void where prohibited by law.
To register for the contest, individuals must follow instructions found on the website. Upon completing registration, entrants will receive a fictitious trading account (“Paper Account”) to access the IDEX 2.0 testnet for the Contest Period. Paper Accounts are not funded with real money. Participants are responsible for maintaining the security of their account credentials.
IDEX 2.0’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Contest. Only trades received and recorded during the Contest Period will be counted. IDEX is not liable for any delay or failure of the Website to perform. Heavy activity may affect access to the Website. No corrections or adjustments will be made for trades, attempted trades, or missed trades affected by the operation or downtime.
IDEX reserves the right to disqualify any participant who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the operation of the Website or the Contest, or violates the Official Rules. IDEX reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who engages in conduct that in any way reflects negatively upon the Contest or IDEX.
After the end of the Contest Period, the one (1) participant with the largest portfolio and the participant who referred them will be potential grand prize recipients, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The top forty-nine (49) entrants, minus the potential grand prize recipient, as determined by portfolio size, will be the potential winners of remaining tiered prizes.
All potential winners will be notified via email within (7) business days after the potential winners are selected. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon the sending of an email, as provided by the participant’s registration submission. In order for a potential winner to claim their prize, they must respond within seven (7) business days of receiving notification from IDEX. If the potential winner fails to respond within seven (7) business days of receiving notification from IDEX, if only partially responds according to the notification’s instructions, if the potential winner fails to comply with these Official Rules, or if the potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable attempt has been made by IDEX, that potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected.
To claim their prize, each potential prize winner will be required to run a tier 2 node for IDEX 2.0. Winners will be able to start running their node starting on the launch day of IDEX 2.0 for the next consecutive 365 days.
Grand Prizes (2): Subject to winner verification, the participant with the largest portfolio and their referrer, subject to verification, will receive a 10,000,000 IDEX node for one (1) full calendar year.
Prize Tiers (49): Subject to verification, forty-nine (49) participants by order of portfolio size will receive a combined 2.850,000 IDEX tokens that are applied to nodes for one (1) full calendar year. Prizes will be distributed as follows:
- 2nd place: 1,000,000 IDEX node
- 3rd place: 500,000 IDEX node
- 4th - 10th place: 50,000 IDEX node
- 11th - 20th place: 40,000 IDEX node
- 21st - 30th place: 30,000 IDEX node
- 31st - 40th place: 20,000 IDEX node
- 41st - 50th place: 10,000 IDEX node
IDEX is not responsible for inaccurate, incorrect, lost, late, misdirected, or undelivered entry information whether caused by participants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries. IDEX reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, bugs, virus, technical failures, or any other factor beyond IDEX’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by IDEX in its sole discretion. In the event of cancellation, IDEX will, if possible, award the prizes based on the standings of eligible entrants at the time of cancellation.
By participating, you understand and agree that the Contest and IDEX do not offer or provide any investment advice or opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular cryptocurrency, transaction, investment strategy or other matter.
IDEX assumes no liability or responsibility for your participation or attempt to participate in the Contest. IDEX is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in these Official Rules or Contest materials. As a condition of entering, participants agree to release IDEX, its affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, and agents, and each of their respective officers, directors, and employees (“Contest Parties”) from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize.
*last updated December 18, 2019